Complaint about health care
The Danish Patient Complaints Agency handles complaints from patients. You can complain to us about:
- The health care you have received
- Violation of your patient rights
You need to lodge your complaint digitally from the website borger.dk by logging on with your MitID. Please note that the complaint form is in Danish.
We will reject complaints that are not received via the digital complaint form unless special circumstances apply.
Special circumstances can be that you:
- are unable to obtain MitID
- are exempt from receiving Digital Post
- cannot understand Danish
- cannot use a computer due to illness or age
- are currently seeking asylum
There is no digital complaint form for application for termination of pregnancy or fetal reduction. Please complete one of the forms below instead:
- Application for termination of pregnancy/fetal reduction (over 18 years old)
- Application for termination of pregnancy/fetal reduction (for parents)
- Application for termination of pregnancy/fetal reduction (for legal guardians)
We prefer to correspond in Danish. It demands considerable resources and prolongs the processing of your case if all correspondence to you has to be translated in to English.
If you do not understand Danish and you are not able to get help translating our letters, please give us a reason for this.
You are welcome to write to us in English and to request getting the final decision translated into English.
When you want to complain about health care on behalf of someone else, you need a power of attorney from this person to complain to the Danish Patient Complaints Agency.
If you do not already have a power of attorney, you can use the form Power of attorney. Remember to get a signature from the person, who gives you power of attorney.
You can get advice about your appeal and patient rights by contacting a patient advisor at your regional patient office. The patient advisor can also help you to write the complaint.
The patient advisor has knowledge of healthcare services and in particular in your region and can advise you on your options, including if you want to complain.
The patient advisor can also help you apply for compensation if you are injured caused by pharmaceuticals or in connection with a treatment in the healthcare system.
Each region has a patient office, however, Capital Region of Denmark has several patient offices at different addresses in the region. You can find contact information for your local patient office on the links below.
You can contact us through:
- Telephone: +45 72 33 05 00
- E-mail: email@example.com
The phones are open
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Tuesday from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Thursday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Olof Palmes Allé 18 H
8200 Aarhus N